-
January 10th, 2006, 11:42 PM
#1
Inactive Member
I like to listen to music as I play on the computer, I was just wondering if you do too. If not what were you listening to in the car, or at work, or...
Today I have been in a retro mood and I was listening to:
The Rolling Stones - Aftermath
The Beatles - Live at the Hollywood Bowl
Dr Hook & The Medicine Show - Sloppy Seconds
I hope you take a moment to share your musical taste with everyone.
-
January 11th, 2006, 02:05 AM
#2
Inactive Member
I listen to music alot, generally at home, but usually not when I'm online.
2 of the cd's I listened to on the weekend were:
Led Zeppelin- Physical Graffiti (their masterpiece, IMO. This is the only Led Zep cd I care to hear again. The others I listened to too much growing up and got sick of)
T. Rex- Get It On (I just bought this cd. It contains 18 Unplugged & Electric Tracks. Great "Glam" Rock)
Roger, I owned Sloppy Seconds on vinyl in the 1970's. I wouldn't mind hearing it again sometime, it would certainly bring back memories!!
-
January 11th, 2006, 01:57 PM
#3
Inactive Member
The last thing I listened to was Switchfoot...great new band! Also just watched U2 live in Chicago DVD and throughly enjoyed that!!!!
-
January 11th, 2006, 02:04 PM
#4
Senior Hostboard Member
I usually listen to C SPAN or some right wing wacko, cable news channel while I'm on line. Music sometimes.
Lately, while I'm not on line, I've been listening to:
Berlin - 4 Play
Rolling Stones - Rarities
Cyndi Lauper - At Last
Cranberries - Best Of
The Beatles - Anthology 3
More later,
[img]graemlins/music.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/guy.gif[/img]
Gus
-
January 11th, 2006, 04:12 PM
#5
canadarocks
Guest
I always listen to music
Right now it's Metallica
-
January 12th, 2006, 04:44 AM
#6
Noclouds
Guest
My radio is playing at least 10 hours a day and when I come home my daughters most likely have mtv tuned in on the TV. So I hardly ever listen to CD's. But I am a sucker for old school soul.
-
January 13th, 2006, 02:44 AM
#7
Inactive Member
Today I'm listening to:
Leann Rime - This Woman
Madonna - Confessions on the dancefloor
Nick Cave & Bad Seeds - Best of
Stephen, I never listened to Zeplin when they came out, I was kinda snobbish, but about 12 years I started rediscovering them. I really like the new Cd of Plant's.
Falling, I love Metallica, especially the early Lps.
Sis, I will search the net & see if I can find a bit of information on Switchfoot. I'm always looking for good, new music.
Gus Danger, Rock on my friend, the only one I'm not familiar with is the Cyndi Lauper. Is that a newer one? Great selections.
NoClouds, I'm a big fan of Wilson Pickett and Otis Redding, Who is your favorite singers?
*************************************************
Thanks everyone for sharing what you are listening to.
rogER
-
January 13th, 2006, 02:01 PM
#8
Inactive Member
"*Sittin on the dock of the bay*"
SWEET!!!
Rog...You know Cyndie Lauper You've just forgotten she is that freaky punk lookin gal that sings
*Girls just wanna have fun* in that minnie mouse voice.
-
January 13th, 2006, 06:22 PM
#9
Noclouds
Guest
Al Green is one of my favorites and as mushy as it may be but the Temptations also.
Today they played Frank Zappa on the radio and I loved it*L,....just so you see that I love almost alllllllllllllllll kinds of music. I'm not a big fan of Madonna I must admit tho,...
-
January 14th, 2006, 02:07 AM
#10
Senior Hostboard Member
I know you are a Cyndi Lauper fan Rog so it must be AT LAST that you are not familiar with.
I'll bet you did hear she was releasing an album of old standards though.
This is it! Released in 2003 I finally found a used copy a couple weeks ago!
I am usually not too interested in hearing my favorite artists try a different musical genre but I had to hear Cyndi Lauper doing old standards.
Besides I collect her music so I buy all of her albums!
During her promotional campagn for this album she was saying she wanted people to see she could really sing!
And boy does she, on classics such as:
At Last, Walk On By, Stay, Unchained Melody, Making Woopie (duet with Tony Bennett), You've Really Got A Hold On Me, On The Sunny Side Of The Street and, unexpectedly, a rousing rendition of Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood and lots more!
A great album you need to hear!
More later dude!
[img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
Gus
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks